NewsRegional Forecasters eying three tropical systems by: – September 3, 2013 Tropical Atlantic overview. NHC/NOAA graphicMIAMI, USA — Forecasters are currently keeping an eye on three tropical systems ranging from the Yucatan peninsula in the west to the coast of Africa in the east.According to the National Hurricane Center in Miami, an elongated area of low pressure is producing disorganized showers and thunderstorms from the eastern Caribbean Sea across the Lesser Antilles and into the tropical Atlantic. Although upper-level winds are favourable, the proximity of dry air in the middle levels of the atmosphere has been inhibiting development of this disturbance. However, conditions are expected to gradually become more conducive while the system moves west-northwestward at around 10 mph near Puerto Rico and Hispaniola in the next few days. This system has a low chance (20 percent) of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 48 hours and a medium chance (50 percent) of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next five days. Regardless of whether or not a tropical cyclone forms, brief periods of locally heavy rainfall and gusty winds are expected to affect portions of the Lesser Antilles over the next day or two.Meanwhile, a tropical wave located over the eastern Yucatan peninsula and Belize is moving westward at about 10 mph. This system is expected to move into the Bay of Campeche late Tuesday, where some development is possible around midweek. This system has a low chance (10 percent) of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 48 hours and a medium chance (30 percent) of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next five days. At the same time another tropical wave, accompanied by a low pressure system, has moved off of the west coast of Africa about 650 miles southeast of the Cape Verde Islands. This disturbance is beginning to show some signs of organization and environmental conditions are expected to be marginally favourable for development over the next few days while the low moves west-northwestward to northwestward at 10 to 15 mph. This system has a low chance (10 percent) of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 48 hours and a 20 percent chance of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next five days.Caribbean News Now Share Share 10 Views no discussions Tweet Share Sharing is caring!
Sharing is caring! Share 56 Views no discussions Share Tweet InternationalNewsPolitics Judge Rules Family Separation at Border Lawful by: – January 14, 2020 Share A federal judge has ruled that the administration of U.S. President Donald Trump is acting within its authority when it comes to separating families at the U.S.-Mexico border without any violation of the “rights to family integrity”.“…. the Court finds Defendants are generally exercising their discretion to separate families at the border consistent with Plaintiffs’ rights to family integrity and the Court’s orders..”, U.S. District Court Judge Dana Sabraw in San Diego said in a 26-page decision.In July, the American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU) had claimed that the government was separating families, making exceptions to its pledge to end the practice.In June 2018, Sabraw had ruled that U.S. immigration agents could no longer separate immigrant parents and children caught illegally crossing the border from Mexico, and must reunite those families that had been split up in custody.Back then, the judge had granted ACLU a preliminary injunction in a lawsuit filed over the family separations.The ruling on Monday added that the court should decline to “second-guess” determinations made by the government that they are exercising “discretion and judgment in a reasonable manner” in their actions.The ACLU said in a statement it was considering its next move.“The court strongly reaffirmed that the Trump administration bears the burden if it attempts to separate families based on an accusation that the adult is not the child’s parent,” ACLU attorney Lee Gelernt said.“We are evaluating the decision to determine next steps on how to ensure that children are not separated from their parents based on minor infractions.”
John McGuinness aka “The King of The Mountain” was reported to have suffered a crash during a practice session at the 2017 North West 200 race.His Honda Racing Team reportedly tweeted that the 23-times Isle of Man TT winner is on the way to the hospital with a possible broken right leg.The status of McGuinness to race alongside Guy Martin at the 2017 Isle of Man TT at the end of the month hangs in the balance for the “Morecombe Missile”.John McGuinness (TT Legends Honda) celebrates winning today’s Superbike TT on the Isle of Man. (Image source: Stephen Davison) The North West 200 race organizers also stated that the 45-year-old road racer has been taken to the Royal Victoria Hospital located in Belfast for further treatment. There are 15 different sections of the road race circuit and John McGuinness suffered the crash at the Primrose Hill section right before the practice session is scheduled to end.While we are not sure on the current situation of the Isle of Man TT legend and his condition, his status to race the brand new Honda CBR1000RR Fireblade SP2 alongside his newly acquired team-mate, Guy Martin, hangs in jeopardy as this year’s event is scheduled to start at the end of the month on the 27 May 2017.CLICK HERE to know more about the 2017 Isle of Man Honda dream team.Stay tuned to Bikes Republic for more updates.–Ads– With the 2017 Isle of Man Tourist Trophy just around the corner, bad news filled the road racing scene as John McGuinness aka “The King of the Mountain” suffered a crash during the North West 200 race during yesterday evening’s practice session earlier today according to a report made by BBC.Image source: IOMTTFollowing the crash, the 23-times Isle of Man TT winner was said to be conscious and on the way to the hospital in Northern Ireland with a suspected broken leg according to McGuinness’s Honda Racing Team who tweeted the incident.
Southwestern Conference Matt Medley *Olmsted Falls 77 North Ridgeville 66**Berea-Midpark 70 Amherst Steele 54**Avon 46 Midview 41**Avon Lake 79 Lakewood 74**North Olmsted 58 Westlake 51* *Black River L Wellington W**Buckeye 58 Firelands 40**Keystone 64 Brookside 50**Oberlin 77 Brooklyn 38**Clearview 82 Lutheran West 32**Fairview 52 Columbia 37* Standings (entering 12/17)Great Lakes Conference1. Holy Name Green Wave (4-0, 3-0)2. Parma Redmen (5-1, 3-1)3. Elyria Catholic Panthers (3-3, 2-1)3. Bay Rockets (3-2, 2-1)5. Normandy Invaders (2-3, 1-3)6. Rocky River Pirates (1-4, 1-4)7. Valley Forge Patriots (0-5, 0-3)Greater Cleveland Conference1. Medina Bees (4-0, 2-0)1. Mentor Cardinals (2-0, 2-0)3. Solon Comets (4-1, 1-1)3. Elyria Pioneers (3-1, 1-1)3. Brunswick Blue Devils (3-2, 1-1)3. Strongsville Mustangs (1-3, 1-1)7. Shaker Heights Red Raiders (0-2, 0-2)7. Euclid Panthers (0-4, 0-2)Patriot Athletic Conference: Stars Division1. Wellington Dukes (3-2, 3-1)2. Buckeye Bucks (3-1, 2-1)2. Firelands Falcons (3-1, 2-1)2. Keystone Wildcats (3-3, 2-1)5. Brookside Cardinals (1-4, 1-2)5. Black River Pirates (1-4, 1-2)Patriot Athletic Conference: Stripes Division1. Clearview Clippers (4-0, 3-0)2. Fairview Warriors (3-1, 2-1)2. Oberlin Phoenix (3-2, 2-1)4. Columbia Raiders (1-4, 1-2)5. Lutheran West Longhorns (0-4, 0-3)6. Brooklyn Hurricanes (0-5, 0-4)Southwestern Conference1. Olmsted Falls Bulldogs (4-0, 3-0)1. Avon Eagles (3-0, 3-0)1. Berea-Midpark Titans (3-0, 3-0)4. North Olmsted Eagles (3-2, 2-1)4. Midview Middies (3-2, 1-2)4. Westlake Demons (2-3, 1-2)4. North Ridgeville Rangers (1-3, 1-2)4. Avon Lake Shoremen (1-3, 1-2)7. Lakewood Rangers (0-4, 0-3)7. Amherst-Steele Comets (0-4, 0-3) Related Topics The Friday Night High School Scoreboard is proudly presented by Rocket Fizz.Dec. 16Great Lakes Conference*Holy Name 61 Rocky River 33*Parma 59 Valley Forge 43**Bay 59 Normandy 47*Greater Cleveland Conference*Euclid L Mentor W**Brunswick 58 Elyria 35**Medina 83 Strongsville 64**Shaker Heights L Solon W*Patriot Athletic Conference Matt Medley is co-editor at NEO Sports Insiders, covers the Cleveland Cavaliers, Cleveland Indians and high school sports in Northeast Ohio.Follow @MedleyHoops on Twitter for live updates from games.
Former Chelsea ace Celestine Babayaro says Wilfred Ndidi is yet to reach his full potential despite a whirlwind start to his career in England with Leicester City following his transfer from Genk of Belgium in January.Ndidi has earned praises for his performances since joining the foxes for a fee in the region of 16 million pounds, but Babayaro believes Ndidi has more to offer the team when he finally settles down to life in the English Premier League.“Some people will think he is playing his best football at the moment but to me , there’s more to his game, and in a not too distant future the world will get to see his true potential “, Babayaro told Owngoalnigeria.com.“When you watch Ndidi play, you clearly feel there’s something inside him that is yet to come out. It will come out soon because he is working really hard. He worked his way to the top in just 18 months.A regular in the team of the champions of England at the age of 20 and just two years as a professional footballer, he will definitely get better”.
The midfielder, who has been struggling with illness, last completed 90 minutes in the 2-1 victory over Nottingham Forest on October 1st before doing so in defeat by the same scoreline to Newcastle United in the PL2 Cup on Monday.Diego De Girolamo was on target at Twerton Park for Jamie McAllister’s side, which included seven players with first team experience.“I hadn’t played for a while so when the gaffer said to me about being involved I was definitely going to play,” Brownhill told Bristol City Player HD.“I wanted to see how long I would last. I was tired and it was tough but thankfully I got through the 90 minutes.“It’s always frustrating when there’s a two-week break, but I think everyone needs it.“Hopefully when the next game comes around I might be involved.”Brownhill, still only 20, played alongside Marlon Pack in front of a very young City back four.“We can talk them through the game as it’s happening – what positions to be in and which ball to play,” he added. “There’s a lot of communication that goes on.“I thought the senior boys did that and the youngsters coped really well, it’s just unfortunate we lost the game.“A few of them have been up and trained with the first team and I think they’ve got some really good players.“They’ve been doing well and it’s only a matter of time until they start winning more games.”
Russell Hedgesrhedges@bossierpress.comTo the surprise of coach David Feaster, the Parkway Panthers made quick work of the East St. John Wildcats Friday night in Reserve.The Panthers scored three touchdows in the first quarter en route to a 52-25 victory in the second round of the Class 5A playoffs.Second-seeded Parkway (11-0), which tied the school record for victories in a season set last year, will play at No. 10 Zachary (9-3) in the quarterfinals Friday. Zachary knocked off No. 7 New Iberia 34-30 in the second round.“The game went a whole lot better than expected,” Feaster said. “It was just amazing that our defense was able to completely shut them down and get some quick turnovers and our offense was able to roll like it was early on.”Parkway’s Dylan Whaley picked off a Xavier Lewis pass on the second play of the game.On Parkway’s first offensive play, William McKnight ran 34 yards for a touchdown and the rout was on. The Panthers led 38-6 at the half and extended that by six more in the third.The Wildcats scored two meaningless touchdowns after recovering consecutive onsides kicks in the fourth quarter.Parkway senior quarterback Brandon Harris passed for three touchdowns and ran for two more.He completed 12 of 27 passes for 282 yards. His TD passes went to McKnight (53 yards), Demetrius McAtee (7 yards) and Brodrick Jeffferson (37 yards).Harris scored on runs of 11 and 4 yards. He finished with 61 yards on seven carries.Avery Shoebridge kicked a 20-yard field goal on the final play of the first half. He was also a perfect 7-of-7 on PAT kicks.Kei’Untre Normandin scored the final TD of the game on a 9-yard run.Linebacker Austin Averitt was in on 11 tackles, including three sacks and three tackles for losses, and recovered a fumble.Dante Williams, Matthew Harper and Marquis King were in on seven tackles. King also had an interception.Hunter Huckaby and Justin Waggoner were in on six tackles each. Tray Walker recovered a fumble.Premier Diamond BoutiqueHong Kong’s first lab-grown diamond empirePremier Diamond Boutique|SponsoredSponsoredUndoInstant Voice TranslatorInstant Voice Translator (43 Languages) Takes Hong Kong By StormInstant Voice Translator|SponsoredSponsoredUndoPerfect-Dating.comAre You Ready to Meet Cool Guys in Tung Chung?Perfect-Dating.com|SponsoredSponsoredUndoStanChart by CNBC CatalystBlockchain Is Changing the Game for Trade Financing. Here’s How It’s Driving Future Global Trade.StanChart by CNBC Catalyst|SponsoredSponsoredUndoStrategyCombatIf you own a Computer, then you have to play this Game. No Install.StrategyCombat|SponsoredSponsoredUndoAppurseRemember Tiger Woods’ Ex-wife? Try Not To Gasp When You See Her NowAppurse|SponsoredSponsoredUndo
BATON ROUGE – East Baton Rouge Parish sheriff’s deputies say Michael DiNardo, the son of former LSU football coach Gerry DiNardo, faces felony drug and firearm charges.Michael DiNardo, a 21-year-old student at LSU, was booked Wednesday with intent to distribute marijuana and possessing a firearm with drugs. He was also booked with possession of drug paraphernalia.Deputies say a package, smelling of marijuana, at the Bennington Avenue post office sparked an investigation and led to the arrest of Michael DiNardo.Authorities executed a search warrant at DiNardo’s address. An arrest affidavit says officers uncovered several plastic bags of marijuana, a scale and two firearms. One of the firearms was an AK-47.It was unclear whether Michael DiNardo has an attorney.
By Alan BaldwinBRIXWORTH, England (Reuters) – Five-time Formula One world champion Lewis Hamilton vowed to raise the bar further next year, as he told Mercedes factory staff yesterday never to stop believing in what they can achieve.Fresh from Brazil, where he won Sunday’s race and Mercedes completed a record-equalling fifth consecutive constructors’ and drivers’ title double, the Briton thanked the massed men and women driving the team’s success and set his sights on more.He and Finnish team mate Valtteri Bottas also joined in a red cap salute to absent non-executive chairman Niki Lauda, the Austrian three-time world champion who is recovering from a lung transplant done in August.“I do believe this team can do it again,” Hamilton told Reuters after being surrounded by staff seeking selfies and autographs, with five title-winning cars lined up outside the Brixworth high performance engine facility.“I do believe that we have the capability and there’s an opportunity there. It just depends how much work we put in from now until the start of the season.“You’ve got to imagine the opposition is going to be raising the bar, Red Bull are going to be raising the bar with the change within their team. So we’ve got to take a step up.”Hamilton has won 10 of 20 grands prix and taken 10 pole positions this season, with one race remaining in Abu Dhabi next week.Closest rivals Ferrari won six with Red Bull – switching from Renault to Honda engines in 2019 – the rest in the toughest title battle Mercedes have fought since the V6 turbo hybrid era started in 2014.Hamilton has hardly put a wheel wrong, unlike Ferrari’s Sebastian Vettel whose title challenge again fell apart, but the 33-year-old Briton still saw room for improvement.“I’ve not been on top of everything. There are always areas that you can understand and improve on,” he said after a team photograph with everyone raising hands in a high five.“But ultimately we have a really good foundation so we’ve just got to keep on building. It’s just about being strategic and being really selective and think how you go about the process.“And as a driver myself individually I’ve just got to try and find where the weak areas are and see if I can improve them,” he added.AREAS TO IMPROVE Team boss Toto Wolff told Reuters there had already been a discussion that morning with engineers about 2019.“We said, ‘How can we get better next year, where are the areas to improve?’,” said the Austrian. “I’d like to take it a step up.”Hamilton had said in Brazil that returning to the factories would be emotional, telling every member of the team they should look in the mirror and say ‘I’m a legend’.He added yesterday that meant taking pride in the achievements and celebrating, while avoiding complacency.“You’ve got to have that self-belief that you’ve got the ability and that you’re great and you can be great if you work towards it,” he said.“It is what is enabling us to do what we are doing and achieving.“We have just done something quite legendary, collectively as a team. It’s not a bad thing to acknowledge how well we’ve done. Acknowledge it, absorb it and want to do better.”
Botev (Vratsa) striker Valeri Domovchiiski will not return to Levski. This was announced by the president of Vratsa Hristo Iliev.In recent days, there has been talk that the “blues” want to get Domo back. “Domovchiiski is a football player of Botev (Vratsa) and at the moment he does not intend to leave the club. We gave Valeri a longer vacation, as a child was born a few days ago. On Monday he will be online again,” Iliev was quoted as saying. from “Sports Theme”.He added that the attacker had recently renewed his contract and if anyone wanted to attract him, he had to prepare money.Valeri Domovchiiski is about to return to his native LevskiThe teenager of the “blues” has 67 goals for the capital’s grandmaster